Saturday, May 17, 2008

Social networks

Bebo seems to be the most popular social networking site amongst our young library users. The older clients don't mention using the social networking sites at all, but this will change with time. For now, social networking might be a tool for communicating with the 10-20 yr old people in our community. I'm not sure that they wouldn't find a library presence on Bebo as a bit of a joke, but that could perhaps be made to work to our advantage.....in that it might bring the kids to look at our Bebo. I think images of the kids participating in library activities would interest them, but we probably can't post pictures of kids without their parent's permission. I have signed up for Bebo, so I can have a better look at how it works..



This is a picture my young daughter took of the last little bit of sunset from our back yard. I want to thank the people who made Learning 2.0 happen for us- it has been a very worthwhile experience. Now it is up to us to take these ideas and use them.

3 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on finishing the program. I'm sure you'll enjoy playing a bit more with your favourite sites!

Lovely photo too - I've really got a kick out of the photos you guys have posted - such a variety, it's great!

Victoria

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on reaching the end of the program and glad you found it worthwhile!
Thanks for participating.
Kathleen A.

Judy said...

I think that kids who don't notice any other promotions might be 'caught' through social networking.